Wednesday 9 May 2012

I finished The Help! (Personal Addition 5)

Ok, so it may have taken me 3 months and I may have gotten distracted a few times but I finally finished The Help. I have to say, I found that the second half of the book was more interesting than the first. I really got into it to the point where I always wanted to read it. I was anxious, I wanted to know what was going to happen to Miss Skeeter and all the ladies from the help. Im so happy things worked out for Miss Skeeter in the end. No she didnt end up with her man but, she is pursuing her career. So from my first prediction, I was right. Things are still a little bumpy for Minny and Aibileen but they both ended up free in different ways in the end. Minny left her husband and became free of the violence in her life and Aibileen became free from Mrs Leefolt and Miss Hilly and is ready to start a new adventure. I was left with questions as I finished reading the book.Questions like, I wonder if the town will ever find out the book is about Jackson or that Miss Hilly was the one who ate the chocolate pie. I guess Miss Skeeter wont be making things right with Miss Hilly. I was wondering if they were going to or not.
Overall The Help was a really good book. Very inspiring and has a really good message. For me it was a little slow at first but the rest of the book made up for that! Now I can finally watch the movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment