Monday 30 April 2012

Reading Reflection 7

Book: The Help
Author:Kathryn Stockett
pages:214-279

Aibileen
So I read a little more about Aibileen. I have so much respect for her. She is helping Mrs. Skeeters so much and is putting her own self in danger while doing it. She is generally very caring towards people. While reading these pages, there was a scare that they could have been caught by Miss Hilly. Personally, I think she took that very well, she was so strong. Yes they were extremely lucky to not get caught this time but, what im wondering is, Are they going to get caught before the end of the book­! I think it could be quite possible. It would make for an intense plot. Then again, I could see them pulling through and getting everything they wanted and it being a happy ending. Although, both could happen! Also Aibileen had a chance to talk to Yule May(Hilly`s help). She might be interested in helping Mrs. Skeeter. So i wonder if she ends up helping and if she does, I wonder if that will be a good thing for Mrs Skeeter to be interviewing the help of her best friend. There are lots of thoughts going in my head towards this whole situation. Im just hoping that everything works out!
Minny
In these pages, Minny`s attitude comes in to play. She gets herself kind of fired. It was really intense not going to lie. I really didnt know who i sided with between Minny and Miss Celia. I knew something was going on and, I was right. Miss Celia has miss carriages. A lot of them. She had one in these very pages I read. So far this was probably the most intense part of the book. I felt very sad for Miss Celia. Im really happy that Minny went back and was able to be there during this time. I think Minny cares for Miss Celia a lot more then she leads on to. Im anxious to see what happens with them two and Mr. Johnny.

No comments:

Post a Comment