Monday 9 April 2012

Reading Reflection #5

Reading Reflection #5
Book:Damaged
Author:Cathy Glass
pages:1-163

I have to say, reading is my favorite thing about this class. Which if you know me is strange because I've never been much of a reader. At first, i was hesitant to the idea of reading every Friday but now I love it. I look forward to Fridays in English class because I know that means we get to read. Since this class started, I have noticed myself reading more at home. Lately, whenever I get the chance, I like to sit down and pick up a book. At the moment I'm in the middle Im still working on The Help. Over spring break, I read The Hunger Games and now I'm reading Catching Fire. The third book I'm reading is Damaged. This is the book I want to talk about today. I forgot my books at home last Thursday, so I picked this one up and started reading it. I ended up taking it home and continued to read there. It's about an 8 year old foster child. Its a true story and I think because of that, it's made the book more intriguing for me. It's heartbreaking to read some of the stuff that goes on in this book and to think about how it actually happens in real life. In my opinion its important for all of us to be aware. One big question i have is, What is going to happen to the little girls biological parents? Are they going to get what they deserve? I hope that the little girl fully places her trust in Cathy and ends up being truly apart of her family. She needs a loving home where she can grow up and learn what the difference is between right and wrong. I predict that this will happen in time but it wont be easy just like it hasn't been easy all along.

No comments:

Post a Comment